Friday, January 26, 2007

listening in the silence.

"I didn't say anything. I was beginning to figure out that sometimes listening is the best way to communicate. Some people are afraid of silence, so they fill it with sounds. "

This quote comes from a book called After by Francis Chalifour.

Silence can be a beautiful thing, but more often than not, it seems to be an awkward thing in this day and age. I just finished exams and find myself already filling up these couple days I have off with "stuff"- university supplementary application forms, my english essay, the works... In the moments of silence and unrushed time that I do find during my day, I find myself trying to fill up that time as well. Our God is a God that uses the silences. It's so easy to miss His voice sometimes. I need to listen. I think we all do...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home